Visitors Located Outside the United States
The primary intended purpose of the website for visitors located outside the United States or accessing the Website from outside the United States is for the delivery of general information relating to TIER REIT. The Website is not intended to be used in connection with the offering or sales of securities outside of the United States. TIER REIT makes no representations or guarantees about rights, requirements or laws outside the United States.
For more information about the Website practices, please see Term and Conditions.
We may gather your IP address when you use the Website. We may use IP addresses for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Website.
We may also use “cookies” to store your preferences in order to make your use of the Website more productive. Cookies are small files created by websites that reside on your computer’s hard drive and store information about your use of a particular website.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for and shall not have any liability arising from the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
TIER REIT takes measures to ensure that our use and disclosure of your nonpublic personal information is consistent with applicable law.
If you own shares of TIER REIT, or receive services in the name of a third-party broker-dealer, investment advisor or other financial service provider, that third party’s privacy policies may apply to you.
Information We Collect and May Disclose
We collect, use and share information about you to conduct our business, to provide you with our services, and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may use and disclose several categories of nonpublic personal information about you that we collect from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you through applications, subscription agreements or other means, such as name, address, email address, Social Security number, age, marital status, tax identification number, account information, number of dependents, assets and debts, income and net worth, employment history, beneficiary information or personal bank account information;
• Information about your transaction with us, our affiliates and others, such as account balances, payment history, account activity or other financial statements;
• Information from visitors to our Website, such as information provided through online forms, site visitorship data, login and password information, or information collected through devices known as “cookies”; and
• Information we receive from others, such as broker-dealers, financial advisors, IRA and other ERISA custodians, account joint owners and other similar parties, or credit reporting agencies.
How We Use and Disclose Information
TIER REIT and third-party service providers work together to maintain an efficient and effective network of services. By sharing your information with us and our service providers, we are better able to serve your needs and also suggest services or materials that may be of interest to you. We may use or disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect as follows:
• Internal Use. We may use your nonpublic personal information internally for the purposes of furthering our business, which may include analyzing your information, matching your information with the information of others, processing transactions and services, maintaining accounts, resolving disputes, preventing fraud and verifying your identity.
• Aggregate Use and Disclosure. We may use and disclose your nonpublic personal information on an aggregate basis. This means that we combine parts of your information with parts of the information from our other users without including your name, complete telephone number, complete email address or your street address in the combination. Examples of how we use aggregate information include determining the most common ZIP code among the users of the Website and disclosing that ZIP code to other parties, or determining and disclosing demographic information.
• Other Uses and Disclosures. We may use and disclose your nonpublic personal information in order to:
• Correct technical problems or malfunctions in how we provide our services to you and to process your information;
• Protect the security and integrity of our Website and our Internet service, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions with you;
• Protect our rights and property and the rights of property of others;
• Take precautions against liability;
• Respond to claims that your information violates the rights or interests of third parties;
• Comply with law or respond to judicial process; and
• Provide personal information, to the extent permitted by law, to regulatory or law enforcement agencies or for investigations on matters related to public safety.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
• Financial service providers, such as for customer-initiated service requests or establishing and managing your accounts;
• Nonfinancial companies, such as those serving as our transfer agents, handling check printing, or providing data storage or processing; and
• Others, such as broker-dealers, financial advisors, joint owners, IRA and other ERISA custodians, or other parties acting on your behalf.
We may share your nonpublic personal information with TIER REIT affiliates or with nonaffiliated service providers who perform business functions on our behalf. But before we disclose nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated parties, we contractually require them to keep our stockholder’s nonpublic personal information confidential and secure, and to use it only as authorized by us.
We may also disclose your nonpublic personal information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. TIER REIT does not disclose, sell or rent your information to outside marketers who may want to offer you their own products and services. We require all joint marketers to have written contracts with us that specify appropriate use of your personal information, require them to take steps to safeguard your personal information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal information.
We will share your nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties only as permitted by law and as described above. Should our disclosure policy change in the future, we will provide you with notice regarding the option to “opt out” of such disclosures.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. We also restrict access to nonpublic personal information to those employees who have a legitimate business need for the information
TIER REIT Companies